1. Collection of Personal Information from Users. Except as specifically set forth herein, KHLS may collect or track: (a) the email addresses of users; (b) information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration or membership forms, surveys, email, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data); (c) financial information and other information provided by a user to purchase products from KHLS; (d) aggregate and user-specific information regarding pages accessed by a user; (e) the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of users of the Site. KHLS may place Internet “cookies” on your hard drive. Internet cookies are small amounts of data that contain a unique identifier that many websites frequently send to your web browser to save data about you, such as your name, password, user-name, screen preferences, and the pages of a website you have viewed. When you revisit the Site, KHLS may recognize you by your Internet cookies and customize your experience accordingly. You may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of your Web browser software, if available.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by KHLS may be used by KHLS for many reasons, such as: improving services; contacting users regarding requested information; updates to Site Terms; purchase follow up or receipts; recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of users’ behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site.
3. Use by Children Under 13 Prohibited. The Site is for a general audience and is not targeted towards children. Children under 13 years of age are prohibited from using the Site. If your child has used the Site and submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us and we will endeavor to remove that information from the Site and our database.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as outlined herein, individually identifying personal information provided through the Site will not be disclosed to third parties not affiliated with KHLS without the prior consent of the user. Personal Information may be disclosed for the following reasons:
• To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, legal services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. KHLS is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or dissemination practices of third parties.
• When you post information on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
• To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our organization or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• If determined by KHLS in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of KHLS or any other person or entity.
5. Online Payments. Online payments are currently not processed through KHLS. If this status changes, these Privacy terms will be updated.
7. Internet and Data Security. KHLS uses a shared SSL certificate and HTTPS protocol with respect to all confidential and personal information. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it difficult for anyone to intercept the information you send us. Our staff is trained in the importance of safeguarding your information and only those who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. However, such precautions do not guarantee that the Site is invulnerable to all security breaches. KHLS makes no warranty, guarantee or representation that the use of its Site is protected from all viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities and that user information will always be secure.
8. Comments, Notices and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any KHLS message board are public and available to other website users. KHLS has the right to use such postings in any lawful way that personal information is collected and used as outlined in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3. KHLS assumes no liability for the accuracy of any materials or comments posted to the Site, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
9. Opt-Out Right. Except as necessary for KHLS to provide the services, information, or products requested by a registered user, by updating the profile preferences on the Site, a registered user may opt out of having his or her personally identifiable information prospectively retained by KHLS, used by KHLS for secondary purposes, or disclosed by KHLS to third parties (this does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the user to the Site, or to non-identifiable user information provided or collected.). Moreover, if you prefer not to receive communications from KHLS in the future, you can do so by emailing your request to email@example.com. We endeavor to implement your opt-out request promptly, but you may still receive communications from us while we process your request.
10. Proprietary Rights. All materials appearing on, in or directly available through the Site (including, but not limited to, all data, content, materials, trainings, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, articles, blog posts, and other material) are the property of KHLS and are protected by United States intellectual property laws. Any reproduction or distribution, except for personal, informational use, is a violation of KHLS’s intellectual property rights. If you would like to make copies of or distribute any materials from this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. General Disclaimer. Information provided on this website is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind. KHLS makes no claims, promises, representations, warranties, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents or security of this website, and expressly disclaims liability for any errors and omissions it contains. KHLS is not responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or any other damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or in reliance on the information available on the site. This includes any personal injury, business interruption, loss of use, lost data, lost profits, or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious action, even if we have been informed of the possibility.